District Interact Chair, Bruce Wilson (5)
Interact is a Rotary-sponsored service club for young people ages 12-18. The program gives its members (Interactors) an opportunity to participate in meaningful service projects while developing leadership skills, meeting new friends and having fun.
Through Interact, thousands of dollars and man-hours are spent furthering the ideal of Service Above Self. Click the underlined link to go to the Rotary International Interact website pages where you'll find more information, training materials and forms.
The District Interact Conference held March 6-8, 2020 is the highlight of the year and a time for clubs to come together and celebrate the accomplishment of Interact objectives:
- Recognize and develop constructive leadership and personal integrity.
- Encourage and practice thoughtfulness of and helpfulness to others.
- Create an awareness of the importance of home and family.
- Build respect for the rights of others based on recognition of the worth of each individual.
- Emphasize acceptance of individual responsibility as the basis of personal success, community improvement and group achievement.
- Recognize the dignity and value of all useful occupations as opportunities to serve society.
- Open avenues of personal and group action leading to the advancement of international understanding and goodwill toward all peoples.
Interact Application for 2020 District Scholarship (PDF)
Click here to download a copy of RI President Mark Maloney's Presidential Interact Citation guidelines
District 6780 honors Interactors with Bomar Foundation Scholarships and the Fred Brown Interact Award of Merit. Click the underlined links to view the procedures that establish the scholarships. Note that:
1. All scholarships are one time, one year awards, and non renewable.
2. Candidates, and their Interact Clubs, must be Interact Conference participants.
Click here (PDF) to download the combined application for the 2019 Bomar Interact Scholarship Award and the Fred Brown Interact Award of Merit. The application is designed to be appropriate for both awards. Beginning with the 2019 Interact Conference, each candidate will be interviewed by a single interview panel and evaluated for either award. Each Interact Club in District 6780 may submit one (1) candidate with a completed application.
Applicants should attach the following to their application:
- Attach statement of Interact Club participation and leadership positions held.
- Attach copy of High School Transcript to document academic achievement.
- Attach endorsement letter from high school administration.
- Attach a photo of the applicant.
- Attach endorsement letter from sponsoring Rotary Club. Rotary Clubs sponsoring multiple Interact Clubs should continue to submit one (1) candidate per Interact Club.
In addition, the James L. Lacy Scholarship is awarded based on the composition of a 200-word-or-less essay written at the annual Interact conference. Please complete the sheet that is attached indicating only your senior Interact members that are writing the essay Saturday morning to compete for the Jim Lacy Scholarship. To be eligible, a student must have a B average, have been a dues paying Interactor for 2 years, and be registered for, and attending the conference. The scholarship must be used at a school in this district, or in a county adjacent to this district. You must also submit the cell phone numbers of those seniors.
Pics from the 2019 Interact Conference
PDG Fred gets his hair colored every year!
Pics from the 2018 Interact Conference
PDG Fred Heitman gets his hair colored every year now, because Interactors always raise the $1000 for End Polio Now!
DG Debbie Alexander-Davis and Shelbie Hall
Talent show entry
Warren Co. Middle School Interactors show off their T-shirts!
Pictures from the 2017 Interact Conference
The 2017 Youth Exchange students attending the conference
PDG Fred Heitman gets his hair & beard dyed AGAIN for 2017!
PDG Fred Heitman with Interact students
Photos from the 2016 Interact Conference in Pigeon Forge TN.
DGE Fred Heitman gets his hair & beard colored AGAIN this year, because the kids raised more than $1000 for End Polio Now!
Interact Talent Show entry
Another talent show group
RI President John Germ with Interactors at the 2016 6780 District Conference in Pigeon Forge.
Talent show fun
Interact Exchange Students attending the conference.
2015 Interact Scholarship winners