Through training, Rotarians can learn about Rotary and prepare for their leadership roles in order to accomplish much "Service above Self"
Training for club leaders and members consists of many events at both the CLUB LEADER and DISTRICT LEADER levels.
Click here for information from the Rotary International website pages on CLUB LEADER TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES.
- District Leadership Academy DLA Nomination Form
DLA is designed to provide intensive training for Rotarians who are thought to have high potential for future leadership positions within the District. Prospective members are nominated by clubs and a selection committee selects the new students for each training year. This is a premier program that has been in place for decades and is highly recognized by other Rotary Districts. Click on the underlined link above to learn more about the District Leadership Academy.
- Grants Training Club Qualification Plan Grants training will be held immediately following PETS Orientation. Attendance is required by at least 2 club members to be eligible to receive a district or global grant. Club members may attend two different years.
- Presidents-Elect Training Seminar (PETS) Orientation
PETS (Presidents-elect Training Seminar. This half-day of training is the initial training step as the District prepares the PEs for their year as presidents. Assistant Governors are expected to attend. All PEs and AGs are asked to register for PETS as soon as possible.
- Presidents-Elect Mid-South Training Seminar (PETS) (March 19-21 2022)
Prepares presidents-elect of the District 6780 Rotary clubs for their term. In recent years it has been held during March in Nashville, Tenn., and is jointly held with other districts in the Mid South. PE attendance is mandatory. Click on the underlined link above for more information about the PETS seminar.
- District Team Training Seminar (DTTS)
District 6780 to train PE’s, AG’s and District Committee Chairs meet for leadership training in advance of the District Assembly. The 2020 meeting will be held on Saturday, January 22nd in Crossville at Stone Memorial High School, and attendance is by invitation only.
- District Training Assembly (DTA)
Prepares incoming club leaders and other interested Rotarians for the Rotary year ahead. Clubs can select Rotarians to attend; the target group is the incoming officers, committee chairs, District Officers, and Assistant Governors. Each person attending DTA must register on Dacdb. Find the Calendar tab, locate the event, and click on Register Now. Electronic devices are a must to bring with you in order to get the most out of your training session. The 2022 DTA will be held May 14th at Stone Memorial High School in Cookeville. Opening session starts at 8am CST.
- Assistant Governor's Institute (March 18th 2022)
Trains incoming and current assistant governors in technique with trainers from multiple districts with our Zone. This one day training outlines required reports for the next Rotary year. It generally is held one day before the PETS seminar at the same location.
- August Membership Seminars (Dates to be announced)
Prepares club and district leaders along wit Interest Rotarians to support membership activities at the club and district levels.
- August Foundation Seminars (Dates to be announced)
Educates all Rotarians on ways to motivate fellow Rotarians to support and participate in Foundation program
- Rotary Leadership Institute (RLI) (January 15, 2022) Crossville, TN
Contact RLI Chair Donna Fare with any questions
What is Rotary Leadership Institute (RLI)?
- Series of three fast-paced, interactive, one-day courses
- Designed to build knowledge of Rotary. Among others, topics include Membership, Service Projects, and the Rotary Foundation
- Courses are fun, topical, hands-on – Class members learn from each other – No lectures!
- Geared toward busy business professionals who want to be more effective leaders in their vocation and in their Rotary club
- Participants return to their club with new friends, enthusiasm, fresh ideas, & valuable leadership skills
Who should attend?
- New members
- Active Rotarians
- Future club leaders
Click here for information from the Rotary International website pages on DISTRICT LEADER TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES.
- Zone-Level Governors-Elect and Governors-Nominee Training Seminars (GETS/GNTS)
Offers incoming RI district governors training on virtually every aspect of successful district-level Rotary leadership at the Zone level during the month of September at a revolving site within the Zone.
- Zone-Level Rotary Foundation Seminars
Motivates Rotarian leaders to support and participate in Foundation programs and provides the latest information on Foundation programs and policies.
- Zone 30-31 Institute:
Brings current and past RI officers up to date on the latest Rotary developments, including RI policies and programs, and provides a forum for suggestions and ideas. The 2019 Zone Institute will be held in Fort Wayne, Indiana this year, October 9-13.
- Zone-Level District Trainer Programs
Prepares and instructs district trainers in conjunction with Rotary Institutes.
- Zone-Level Membership Seminars
Trains district leaders on ways to support club- and district-level membership development.