Apply for Global Grant/Scholar
Global Scholar Application
Deadline: February 28, 2017
- The Rotary Global Scholar grants replaces the Ambassadorial Scholarship program
- Available for Graduate level study outside the US in a qualified RI District
- Applicant may not be a Rotarian, lineal descendent (child or grandchild), or Rotary employee
- Must be to study in one of six areas of focus (Appendix 4)
- Only a current Grant Qualified Rotary Club in D 6780 may sponsor the scholar candidate
- Scholarship application must be accompanied by letter of acceptance from school of choice
- Scholar must have a sponsor counselor and Host Sponsor Counselor
- Candidates will be interviewed by the DSC
- Application for funding grant must be accompanied by the sponsor clubs letter of recommendation
- Scholar must:
- Begin study within 6 months of notification of grant award,
- Live in the immediate vicinity of study institution,
- Complete all required reports during and after scholarship period
- If approved, funding would be $30,000 for one academic year
District 6780 Rotarians,
The Rotary District 6780 Education Committee is seeking candidates for the Rotary Global Scholar Grant. With this packet, we initiate the process for selecting Applicants for study in 2017-2018. DDF funds are currently committed for one scholar; and our District contributions are matched by The Rotary Foundation World Fund. The minimum award is $30,000, but may be higher. D6780 makes every effort to fund the entire cost of the academic year abroad. An exceptional Applicant may be considered for a longer term of support if sufficient DDF for matching is available.
The Rotary Global Scholar Grant program is a different application process than the traditional Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship and it includes restrictions on acceptable programs of study. Included in this packet is important information for guiding clubs in: (1) decision-making regarding possible sponsorship of a candidate, (2) the application process, (3) club obligations for supporting and preparing a candidate for study abroad, and (4) the role of the District Scholarship Committee in the Rotary Global Scholar Grant application process. Additional pertinent information relevant to both the Sponsoring Club and Applicant(s) interested in pursuing a scholarship grant is included as appendices.
Information in this packet will be posted on the district’s website. Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you might have.
Rotary District 6780
Global Scholar Coordinator, 2016-2017
1405 Madison Street
Shelbyville. Tennessee 37160
C – (931) 607-5013
2016 Global Scholar Christopher Basham, pictured 3rd right, in Ghana on a Rotary medical trip. Sponsored by McMinnville Breakfast Rotary Club.
Christopher Basham, 2016 Global Scholar, on a Peace Corps trip
Global Grant Scholar 2015 Valerie King and
Mt. Juliet Noon President Chris Graham